There are four types of stomach fat. Each of them can be reduced and even removed with these top 10 belly fat killing foods. If you focus on tackling the four categories of body fat through what you eat in your diet, you'll be well on your way to a lean, flat belly in a matter of weeks.
4 Types of Belly Fat
It helps to “know your enemy”. In this case your enemy is the fat stored in your stomach. It consists of four main types of fat and each are treated differently by your body.
- Brown Fat – This is also known as “healthy” fat because it burns more calories than white fat and is though to not be as dangerous. Slim people have been found to have more brown fat than others.
- White Fat – This kind of fat is the one people recognize the most. It is used as an energy store and can make up to 25% of your body weight.
- Subcutaneous Fat – You can measure this with calipers to get an estimate of total body fat. It is found just beneath the skin and can be pinched.
- Visceral Fat – Wraps itself around your internal organs causing a whole host of negative effects. Usually this is caused by an excess of the stress hormone cortisol. Has been shown to produce hormones that interfere with insulin management. This could lead to a type of diabetes.
Belly Fat Killing Foods
If you really want to burn off belly fat you need to eat a wide range of belly fat killing foods in addition to an overall healthy diet and exercise regime.
This is because there isn't a single food that will target all four types of fat listed above. Instead you should eat lots of different metabolism boosting foods like those below in your daily diet.
- Healthy cooking oils: Using healthier, monounsaturated fats in your cooking can reduce calories and rev up your metabolism. Olive oil is a great example, along with safflower oil and sesame oil.
- Nuts: Such as walnuts,cashews and peanuts, are filled with protein They are also very low in carbohydrates and because they are protein based, you will feel less hunger pangs throughout the day. Be aware that they are particularly high in calories compared to other snacks, so eat a small handful and count the calories.
- Eggs: The humble egg has gotten a bad reputation from scare tactic headlines that aren't based in science fact. The real truth is, eggs are great for weight loss because they are high in filling protein and are good as muscle food. As muscles burn calories even while you are resting, this is great news!
- Most types of Berry: These are both high in healthy antioxidants and low in calories so you can get a satisfying snack from them or add to a dessert. Because berries like blueberries and blackberries have a sweet taste they will help you avoid cravings for sugar.
- Peanut Butter: Men, pay attention, because peanut butter is great for boosting testosterone levels which encourage calorie burning muscle growth. Women – don't worry as the boost won't have a negative effect on women.
- Green Tea: This is a slightly bitter tasting drink that many people find pleasant to drink. It is also though to have metabolism boosting properties when you drink it before meals. It is also full of antioxidants, and you might notice it as an ingredient in lots of popular diet pills.
- Vitamin D supplements: These have a dual effect of making you feel less hungry overall and making you feel full faster after eating a meal for example. Essential if you have a vitamin D deficiency (which many people in less sunny climates are).
- Lean Meat: If you are going to eat meat make sure it is lean meat. Animal fat will not help you to burn fat,is certainly not on my belly fat killing foods list, and only adds unwanted calories to your meal.
- Hot Peppers: Another diet pill ingredient, Capsaicin makes peppers spicy and will make you slimmer. Add to meals like curries for flavor and a metabolism boost.
- Beans: These are high in protein (which we know aids feelings of fullness) and are thought to be a super-food because they are so high in fiber too. Fiber supports your digestive system so the burned off fat can pass easily out of your body.
Belly Fat Killing Supplements
It is difficult to spot reduce fat cells, but if you take a fat burner such as my top rated fat burning diet pill PhenQ, you can burn fat from all over your body including your stomach.
Hi, I'm Aileen, the owner of Diet Pill Judge. I have personally tried loads of diet pills over the years and found that only a few of them really work.
My background is in science, so I set out to find supplements that have scientific evidence behind them and which I can confidently recommend.