If you're looking to get a smaller tummy and tone up, you have come to the right place. Belly fat can be stubborn and difficult to get rid of. It can ruin your silhouette making you look lumpy and can also hang over clothes and make you feel bad about yourself.
There is no need to put up with stomach fat. There are some simple steps you can take to get rid of it. You can lose weight off your midsection, with the bonus of losing overall weight too.
One of the most challenging things we face in this modern age is stress. And when we are stressed out our bodies react by releasing hormones like Cortisol. Unfortunately a side effect of an excess of this hormone is weight gain: specifically around the belly.
In this article you will learn how to get rid of Cortisol belly fat and hopefully break out of the cycle of stress that is hampering your weight loss efforts.
Belly Fat Reduction Tips
- Drink plenty of water. Retaining water can make you bloated and make your stomach stick out, which just makes the situation worse. Bloating will make you look like you are carrying more fat than you actually are.
- Cut out alcohol from your diet. Alcohol causes fat cells to build up around your belly. Ever heard of a “beer belly”? Many people, particularly men find that they can develop large tummies from drinking too much alcohol.
- Get plenty of sleep. When you don't get enough sleep your hormones can go haywire and cause fat cells to gather around your midsection. This can happen regardless of your diet.
- Try not to get stressed. The hormone cortisol is affected by sleep and stress. Higher cortisol levels have been linked to more belly fat. Make sure you make time to relax every day and take deep breaths when you are in a stressful situation to calm yourself down.
Once you start following these four simple tips, you may be surprised about how quickly you can reduce belly fat and the appearance of a flabby tummy.
Reducing Stress to Lose Weight
The best first step you can take when it comes to stopping stress in it's tracks is analyzing the source of your stress and anxiety. A few problem areas that commonly cause stress are:
- Work – Taking on too much (or being assigned too much work!)
- Relationships – Coping with relationship breakdowns for example
- Finances – Particularly in the current financial climate.
You may have problems with one area above, or even all three. What's even more difficult is when you have stress coming from more than one source.
The answer to reducing stress once and for all obviously depends on the source. For example you could try speaking to your boss to come clean about struggling with workload. Or sitting down and going through your finances to create a better plan for the future.
Get Rid of Cortisol Belly Fat
What are some practical changes you can make to your life in order to reduce stress and get rid of Cortisol belly fat? One of the best ways of reducing Cortisol is by exercising.
If you have a busy life it may be difficult to squeeze in physical activity, but it is really the best way to tackle stress and therefore reduce belly fat.
You could also try relaxing activities in your spare time such as a 10 minute simple meditation every morning before work, or a yoga class. Over time you will notice that your belly will start to shrink as you break the cycle of Cortisol release and stress.
Another technique for stress reduction is keeping a journal. It will help you to get ideas on paper and get to the root of what is bothering you. It will also help you to keep track of ideas that can help to solve your problems.
Try Zero Caffeine Diet Pills
The last thing you will want to do when it comes to reducing stress related belly fat is to take a stimulant loaded diet pill. Sure, it may work to rev up your metabolism but if you are already stressed out the last thing you need is adrenaline surging through your body from all the caffeine and other stimulants.
Caffeine free doesn't have to mean ineffective. In fact, my top rated diet pill on this site happens to be caffeine free and also doesn't contain any other stimulants. It is called Proactol XS and it belongs to a group of diet pills known as fat binders.
This means it binds to some of the fat you eat and allows it to pass naturally through your digestive system without being digested. With no known side effects, it is a gentle alternative to powerful stimulant laden diet pills that can make you feel more stressed.
Hi, I'm Aileen, the owner of Diet Pill Judge. I have personally tried loads of diet pills over the years and found that only a few of them really work.
My background is in science, so I set out to find supplements that have scientific evidence behind them and which I can confidently recommend.