More people than ever are obese. Scientists have noticed that the Western worlds diet is becoming higher in fat and sugar than it was before. Add low levels of exercise and fast food to the equation, and quick rates of weight loss become more difficult to achieve.
The problem is that everybody needs to eat. But the amount of food and space between meals makes all the difference between supermodels and the 2/3 of Americans who are obese. (1)
We would all like to find a way to lose weight fast. Wouldn't it be great if there was a rapid weight loss pill that really worked? In reality, sometimes the first bit of weight comes off quickly but you need to work to keep it off.
Why do I Lose Weight Quickly at First?
Most weight loss programs start off with a rapid rate of weight loss. This is for two reasons:
- Your body can cope with an initial fast burst of weight loss on a low-calorie diet without going into “starvation mode”.
- You are extremely motivated at the start of a diet
We all want the pounds to shed off fast, and when they do at first our motivation is at an all time high and therefore we are more likely to stick to a diet rigidly. You have to realise that the initial fast weight loss rate won't last in order to stay motivated to lose a healthy amount each week.
How to Maintain Fast Weight Loss?
You can follow some important tips to keep your rate of weight loss up and your motivation high.
- Keep a food diary – it's easy to kid yourself on that you are eating better than you really are. Keeping a list of all the food you eat helps you to avoid this and see which areas of your diet need improvement. Write down everything for at least 3 days. Be totally honest or you are only cheating yourself.
- Exercise – If you aren't exercising already, now is a good time to start. Even if you are already exercising try to up it to 30 minutes every day, even if it is only a walk. This will keep your metabolism ticking over for faster weight loss.
- Drink water – Your body needs water in order to keep flushing out waste that can clog up your body. Some research has shown that drinking enough water is essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Your skin will thank you also.
- Don't get demotivated – Expect the drop in weight loss rate to happen. You can't keep losing weight as fast as you did at the start forever. Realistic expectations will stop you getting demotivated.
- Set goals – Set easier to achieve and specific goals such as drinking 10 glasses of water a day, or eating 3 pieces of fruit a day in place of snacks. Weight loss will soon follow.
If you want fast weight loss then get the basics of nutrition and exercise right. Set small, achievable goals and work towards bigger goals to stay motivated.
If you are struggling you could try using one of the many weight loss supplements designed to help you achieve rapid but healthy weight loss such as PhenQ.
We suggest PhenQ as being the best supplement for fast weight loss because it does so many things: it burns fat, gives you an energy boost and makes you feel less hungry.
Hi, I'm Aileen, the owner of Diet Pill Judge. I have personally tried loads of diet pills over the years and found that only a few of them really work.
My background is in science, so I set out to find supplements that have scientific evidence behind them and which I can confidently recommend.