It's common to weigh more than you used to after you've given birth, but this may not be a comfort to you if you desperately need to get to the weight you were prior to pregnancy. Especially if, try as you might, you have not shed the weight that you had been hoping for.
You could be surprised to know that part of the weight may actually be caused by fluid retention. Particularly if you had quite a lot of IV fluids during your labour, however you should lose that fluid weight by perspiring and urinating more frequently.
Aside from the weight of the newborn, placenta, amniotic fluid etc., what do you do in regards to the other stubborn weight that will not shift?
There are some techniques that may make it easier to to lose your pregnancy weight.
- Drink several glasses of water a day. Change sugary drinks to flavoured water or regular water and a squeeze of lemon. This might help you to cut back on quite a lot of calories.
- Eat lean meats like boneless chicken and really lean cuts of beef
- As an alternative to snacks such as crisps and chocolate, snack on more healthy foods e.g raisins, popcorn, nuts and wheat crackers.
- Eat loads of whole grain bread, cereal and pasta.
- Take part in some light workouts once you feel ready. Take a 10 minute walk with your child each day and progressively up the time. Or get a babysitter and go out for an extended stroll with a friend.
- Breastfeed. If you can breastfeed your child, the longer you breastfeed the more calories you'll burn. It is said that breastfeeding can burn as much as 500 calories a day.
- Think about joining a health club, preferably one that has a crèche when your baby is a bit older . This is a nice method to meet other mums who also wish to drop a few pounds and may offer some support.
Is there an easier way?
If this all appears too daunting and you think you may need an extra bit of help, perhaps it is best to try a diet pill like Capsiplex.
A story from former glamour model Nicola Mclean told how she had success with dropping her baby weight by using the slimming supplement Capsiplex.
After her son was born, she lost 5 and a half stone with the usage of Capsiplex whilst following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise.
Capsiplex naturally increases your metabolism by its primary ingredient Capsicum extract (a pepper extract) and can burn an extra 278 calories each day. Merely take one Capsiplex pill a day, ideally 30-60 minutes prior to exercise and in no time you can start seeing real results.
Hi, I'm Aileen, the owner of Diet Pill Judge. I have personally tried loads of diet pills over the years and found that only a few of them really work.
My background is in science, so I set out to find supplements that have scientific evidence behind them and which I can confidently recommend.