I know there are some diet pills that are marketed towards women, but HERdiet weight loss pills take the female focus to extremes with their branded pink pills and packaging. The packaging isn't to everyone's taste, but I decided to review the pill anyway as it had some promising results when you overlook first appearances.
What are HERdiet Weight Loss Pills?
HERdiet weight loss pills are non prescription pills that are meant to curb food cravings and cause your body to burn off fat. They sound like a typical diet pill in this regards but they are most definitely targeted towards women.
You take these pills twice a day, with breakfast and lunch. I think the reason why you don't take 3 a day is because it contains caffeine so they don't want to keep you up all night, which is responsible.
“HERdiet helps your body get rid of that muffintop and make that bikini fit like it should”
“HERdiet is formulated to work fast, and we mean faster than you can pull your wallet out for a clearance sale on your favorite designer's handbags! “
As you can see, the sales blurb really takes “we are targeting women” to the extremes!
Each bottle has an authentic serial number in an attempt to avoid fakes, which is a plus when you are buying from eBay or Amazon where it has been said that fake pills are rife.
HERdiet Weight Loss Pills Ingredients
The ingredients list is at first appearances, difficult to understand. They use the often long chemical names for the ingredients such as 1,3,7 Trimethylxanthine instead of plain old caffeine. That's where I step in, to decode the complicated ingredients list.
This supplement contains:
- 1,3,7 Trimethylxanthine – The chemical name for caffeine, which is included in almost every diet pill because it speeds up your metabolism and curbs hunger.
- Beta-Phenylethylamine – A stimulant that works on your central nervous system and brain to increase alertness (It is unclear what effect this has on weight loss)
- Synephrine HCL – Also known as bitter orange extract, can speed up your metabolism and help fat burning.
- N, N-dimethyl-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine – A powerful stimulant also called Hordenine, which has a long list of negative side effects.
- Schizandrol A – Used in traditional Chinese medicine to suppress the bodies reaction to the negative effects of stimulants (probably included because there are so many stimulants in this formula!).
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan – Known by 5HTP, you may have heard of this being used as a natural antidepressant. Unclear what the weight loss purpose of including this ingredient is.
- Yohimbine HCl – Another stimulant used to encourage fat loss.
- Theobromine Anhydrous – Found in chocolate, and is similar to caffeine for it's stimulating properties.
Do These Diet Pills Work?
With so many stimulants, these diet pills will work for some. However the side effects will put many off. When your central nervous system is revved up by so many stimulating compounds it will react by potentially causing the following negative side effects:
- Racing heart
- High blood pressure
The Amazon listing is full of negative reviews including the following:
“ This product absolutely did not work–it did give me gut wrenching diarrhea about an hour after I would take it & this was pretty much every day”
“Made me so shaky and sick to my stomach I couldn't take it”
“Gave me the jitters and felt like I was going to pass out, even after pouring some of the ingredients out of the capsule. Had to quit taking them.“
Also, beware that certain women should not take this supplement at all. That includes women who have a history of heart problems, strokes or high blood pressure as well as those taking antidepressants and psychiatric medication.
This is because of the inclusion of 5HTP which is known to interact with both prescription and non-prescription medication to treat depression by causing serotonin syndrome. This is potentially fatal.
In my opinion the amount of stimulants in this supplement is overkill. Yes, it may cause weight loss but at what cost? There are much more gentle ways to lose weight without putting your health at risk.
I would recommend Proactol XS as the perfect alternative to this stimulant filled diet pills. It contains 0% stimulants, not even caffeine. But it works!
Hi, I'm Aileen, the owner of Diet Pill Judge. I have personally tried loads of diet pills over the years and found that only a few of them really work.
My background is in science, so I set out to find supplements that have scientific evidence behind them and which I can confidently recommend.