BaeTea is a popular detox tea that is sold on websites like Amazon and the official website. It belongs to a group of weight loss products also known as “TeaTox” products. I set out to find out if this apparently popular detox tea lived up to the claims such as “cleanses and boosts your metabolism and energy level”.
Could it beat KouTea as our No.1 rated, and research backed, Detox tea?
What is BaeTea?
Firstly, this product is definitely marketed towards women, which isn’t to say that men can’t drink this tea if they want. Clues include the pink lettering, and references to slimming into a bikini. Sorry guys!
BaeTea is basically a package of teabags that you use every day (in the morning as suggested) with boiling water to brew a citrus “earthy” flavored tea. You get 14 tea bags in the 14 day TeaTox package.
Each bag contains a wide selection of ingredients. I was concerned about the sheer number of ingredients because the more that are include the more likely that someone could have a reaction to one or more of the ingredients.
Less is often more when it comes to diet products.
How Does BaeTea Work?
BaeTea claims to act on your body in three main ways:
- There are claims of detoxing your body.
- It is supposed to reduce bloating.
- These tea bags apparently help to reduce your appetite.
That all sounds great, but how exactly can it make these claims?
The ingredients list offers a clue:
- Rooibos Leaf – Thought to be a calming tea, often used in insomnia remedies
- Green Tea Leaf – A source of antioxidants and has the proven ability to speed up your metabolism.
- Oolong Wu Yi Leaf – Used to help reduce your stress levels.
- Ginger Root – Ginger is traditionally used to counteract nausea. Because this product can cause nausea and vomiting, perhaps the inclusion of Ginger is to counteract these issues?
- Pomegranate – A whole host of health benefits are made for Pomegranate tea but there is little scientific proof to back them up.
- Guarana Seed – An energy boosting ingredient.
- Matcha Green Tea – Another Green Tea Extract.
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract – A popular weight loss ingredient thought to help regulate your metabolism and burn off fat.
- Natural Flavors, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt (Electrolytes), Citric Acid, and Stevia Powder – All of these ingredients appear to add to the flavor. The inclusion of Stevia may put some people off because it can cause stomach upsets in some people.
My analysis of the ingredients list shows three shining stars: the inclusion of Matcha Green Tea, Oolong and Green Tea Leaf. These have scientific evidence behind their use for weight loss, which you can read more about in my review of KouTea.
KouTea contains 100% pure, high quality and organic Green Tea, and no fillers or additives that could affect the pleasant natural flavors and weight loss abilities.
The quality of the source of Green Tea found in BaeTea by comparison is unknown. And there are quite a few fillers included that don’t seem to have weight loss abilities. Therefore the potential for interaction with medication you take is higher with BaeTea.
Does BaeTea Have Side Effects?
One good thing (or bad, depending on how you look at it!) is that BaeTea are transparent with the fact that their tea product can cause the following side effects:
- Severe stomach cramps
- Intestinal-related pain
That sounds thoroughly unpleasant to me but perhaps they are covering themselves for any eventuality with a catch all list of possible side effects? Probably not if the negative customer feedback is anything to go by:
“Don’t stray far from the bathroom and make sure you wear your deodorant! It makes you sweat!”
“Made me sick for days”
“Made me throw up pretty badly.”
“The only thing it did was make me sick. Severe stomach pains and headaches.“
For balance, I acknowledge that there is positive customer feedback for this product too. Personally, I wouldn’t want to risk those side effects from a diet product that is supposed to be making me healthier.
What is the Best Detox Tea?
Despite the positive feedback I read about BaeTea, the relatively high possibility for unpleasant side effects puts me off. Therefore I cannot name BaeTea as my top rated detox tea.
If you are looking for a great detox tea that has very little chance of negative side effects, check out KouTea. I have prepared a thorough review with some scientific evidence to back up the claims made by this TeaTox product.
Benefits of this tea include:
- Boosted metabolism
- Lowered cholesterol levels
- Burn off excess fat
- Reduction in appetite